Paul has been a leading figure in Central West End real estate almost as long as he’s been a Central West End resident—over 40 years! A licensed real estate broker since 1972, Paul is consistently ranked among the top Realtors at Coldwell Banker Gundaker, earning a place in the President’s Elite Club for top sales in the company. Along with partner/wife Amy Mittelstadt, Paul has sold 237 homes in the Central West End over the past decade.
In addition to Paul’s success helping clients buy and sell homes, he has served the community as a board member of Forest Park Forever and CWE/Midtown Development Committee. He was also a commissioner of the CWE South Business District and a member of the Central West End Association’s House and Garden Tour committee. As a panelist for the Regional Arts Commission, Paul helped select public art for the neighborhood’s first pocket park.
If you’ve ever lived in or purchased a home in the Central West End, chances are the Mittelstadts have sold it (at least once!). With hundreds and hundreds of sales in the 63108 zip code, Paul and Amy have a proven track record of success as their team leads real estate sales in the CWE year after year. If you are looking for an experienced team to help you buy or sell your home, call one of the CWE Experts: 314-566-3098 (Amy) or 314-616-1111 (Paul). We’d love to hear from you!
Paul has been fortunate enough to live in the CWE since 1977 and shares what keeps him living in–and loving– the Central West End …
- I cherish our magnificent Forest Park. I’ve regularly enjoyed it’s beauty while, running, cycling and walking around its remarkable spaces. I especially enjoy the bridges, lakes, streams and birds.
- I treasure Maryland Plaza, primarily becuase it’s Amy’s and my home! My favorites are Bar Italia, the Christmas festivities, the fabulous fountain, the spacious green yards, and Straub’s.
- Euclid Avenue, with its inviting cafes, restaurants, and shops is an outstanding street in our neighborhood. It’s really the center of the Central West End, and I love to take walks up and down the busy sidewalks.
- I’m nuts about our gorgeous residential streets, filled with all the stunning, historic homes. Walking along the streets makes me feel fortunate to be able to enjoy the rich traditions which we have in the neighborhood.
- I admire the sensational architecture in the CWE. My favorites are the art-deco Chase, the Romanesque Cathedral Basilica, the remarkable mansions on our private places, the handsome 2nd Presbyterian Church, the Park Royal apartments, and the historic St. Regis apartments.
- The history of our neighborhood is priceless. There have been so many famous authors who’ve lived here, so many significant events, such as Charles Lindbergh’s reception after his famous flight, so many outstanding discoveries made at the Washington University School of Medicine, and so many rich stories about life during the World’s Fair!
- I appreciate the people and the diversity of our neighborhood. We are really fortunate to have a unique blend of age groups, races, cultures and incomes, all living and working in our Central West End!
- I’m thrilled that we have a Metro station conveniently located in the Medical Center. Amy and I have used it many times to go downtown to sporting events, and to go to the airport.
- Outdoor dining is one of my very favorite activities! I’m fond of the inviting outdoor cafes such as Starbucks, Coffee Cartel, SubZero, Gamlin’s Whiskey House, Brasserie by Niche and Bar Italia.
- Did I mention trees? When flying over the neighborhood on returning flights to St. Louis, I’m struck by the lush foliage in the CWE and Forest Park visible from the air. But walking in the neighborhood is simply the best. I truly appreciate the splendid tall trees on nearly every block!